Tuesday 29 January 2013

Aussie Curves - The Color Purple

Hi all,
This is my first Aussie Curves post and I just wanted to say it is truly because of all you fabulous ladies (participants) that I have got the confidence to start this Blog. I'm not sure if I was suppose to register properly somewhere, please do let me know if I need too. Thank you all so much again, you's truly inspire me to take my love of fashion to the next level. So here goes!

The Color Purple loved the movie, but the colour is not something I have a lot of in my wardrobe. So I had to settle with a colour that I would call purple, but it has a pinky tone to it as well.



My husband took me out to dinner last weekend and so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. My husband took the photos and I must admit that it really was a barrel of laughs for both of us, I am not use to taking photos, I usually shy away from a camera, so posing for these photos was I must admit difficult. But we managed to get some shots that I think are fine.


I loved the colour combination. Purple and Teal/Aqua.





I then thought I would play around with some of the APPS available on my Ipad and that was a lot of fun too.

Dress - TCD - The Carpenters Daughter - Gifted - Size 5
Shoes - Number One Shoe Warehouse - Size 10
Flower - Diva
Necklace - Virtu
Bracelet - Frank Kitts Market
Ring - Diva

I am already looking forward to next weeks challenge. Please let me know if there is more I need to do (technically) as I am just starting out.

Love and Light xox



21 comments:

  1. Nice too see another Kiwi in the mix! Lovely colours on you and I love those shoes! Looks like youve got it all sorted to me, cant wait to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ezmae. I have reading fatshion blogs for a while now and I am ver glad to have finally come across some from NZ. Obviously I was looking in the wrong places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret-Rose, welcome to Aussie Curves. Loved this post :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey welcome aboard :) I'm a Kiwi here as well. Love the teal and purple combo, they go really well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome, I have been reading your Blog as well, I'm about to catch up with you too. Glad there is a few of us on here. :)

      Delete
  5. Hiya! So nice you are playing along to! Love the colour combo! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to the blogging of outfits too and so welcome. It's so much fun and I'm really loving it and know you will too. Love your outfit and I felt weird (still do) in front of the camera too but now I'm starting to get into it lol Welcome again, looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jojo, I'm on my first Aussie Curves post and I am already loving it.

      Delete
  7. You look great. Taking photos before/during/after date nights have worked out really well for us, it's such a laugh. Sometimes. Sometimes there is swearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Had to laugh at this, Melissa, as it's so true for me too. My bf and I will be walking out to the car and I say, tentatively, "Do you mind taking a few photos?" Luckily he's pretty supportive and really proud of my blog, so it hasn't been an issue yet, but I can tell that sometimes he's more patient than other times!

      Love the outfit, Margaret-Rose x

      Delete
    2. Hehehe, soo true Mandie, I am soo sure we will be getting to the swearing stage soon, for the now, he doesn't mind, he also is pretty supportive and loves the fact that I'm doing a fashion blog. He has always said to me, that I could show some smaller women a few tricks or two. hehe. Thanks for your comments Mandie and Sophie.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! You will get so much more confident in front of the camera (I have in only a few months) but already you are taking great pics. I love the purple/teal combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HIIII!!! & welcome to the land of Aussie Curves! :) Frist of all I too LOOOOVE "The Color Purple". Truly a movie that every grown woman should watch at least once in her life!! I love the book too! haha...Second...LOVE your dress & accessory colour palette!! Looking lovely for a date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shux, I really do need to read the book, I'm a librarian for goodness sakes I should have read it already. It's definitely a fave for me, the movie, 'sister, you've been on mind .....' hehe. Thanks heaps for the compliments dolls.

      Delete
  10. I'm absolutely stoked to here :) Thanks Jeanie : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice!!! I like the shoes!!!!

    Joanna
    theplussizeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, I really love these shoes as well, they are so comfortable as well. I wish they has other colours.

      Delete
  12. Great colour combo and your accessories are fab! Love that ring.

    ReplyDelete