Wednesday 30 January 2013

OOTD – Dark – Aussie Curves Catch-ups

This is probably as ‘DARK’ as it will get for me, other then when I attend a Tangi (funeral) which is the only time I really wear Dark Clothing. Don’t get me wrong I do have my fair share of Dark Clothing, but I always have a splash of Colour somewhere.

As we are having beautiful weather here in Auckland City, I didn’t want to get to Dark, so even though it’s dark I am still rocking a little bit of colour.

This dress I have just snatched up recently from City Chic, this outfit is a bit of a ‘Breaking the rules’ outfit for me, well ‘Breaking MY OWN rules outfit’ I have never really liked the look of ‘Handkerchief Hems’ on dresses or skirts, but as it was on SALE, I decided to try it on. Well didn’t I get a surprise! I must admit I love the way it looks on me and I love wearing it, but I can’t say it is one of my favourites. I have been given a lot of compliments about this outfit, so it makes me feel good too hehe.

How terrible, this dress has everything going for it and it’s still not one of my favourites, one day maybe! I have to apologise for the terrible full body shots, the light outside was a bit too much and then the breeze was too strong, so these were the best I could do for today.

I must admit I am loving my shoes!! 



The necklace is what we call a 'Hei Tiki' the pendant being a 'tiki' and the 'hei' being the action word of tying aroung the neck. Gorgeous colour isn't it, this was a Valentines day present from my husband, bought at the Okahu Bay, Waitangi Day Celebrations 2008.


Overall I must admit this outfit is very comfortable to wear, nice and cool for the Summer, the Wedges so light and easy to walk in. I usually rock this without a bolero, but as I don't have a black bra on today, I haven't given you all a look at the detail on the back of the dress. 

Dress/ Bolero/ Zebra print Ring  - City Chic
Ring - Gifted
Necklace - Okahu Bay Waitangi Day Celebrations (gifted)
Shoes - The Number One Shoe Warehouse 
Glasses - Rubi

That is my outfit of the day.

Love and Light xox

Aussie Curves

No comments:

Post a Comment