Wednesday 6 February 2013

Aussie Curves - Swimwear

#summer fun #summer love
I have just returned to work this week after 6 weeks off and I must admit that the favourite part of my holiday was the week we spent camping at Waihopai. Beach, white sand, seafood, fishing and creeks there was no need to run away to and Island when paradise is right in my hometown’s backyard. There are many reasons why I loved camping, but one of the most interesting and exciting things for me this summer was that I was rocking swimwear everyday, I know it was only my family around, but that is big for me, I haven’t rocked togs without shorts for almost 20 years.

Oh my goodness, I can’t begin tell to you how great it felt, it definitely explains the reason I am sporting a fabulous tan from head to toe and is also the reason I have been wearing dresses above my chunky knees that I use to hate. There was no point in trying to make a fashion statement with the togs I was wearing, as I opted for plain black togs and a vibrant blue pair as well. Point being, I have I rocked togs again, I loved it and I’m going to do again and again. 

As I have said already, if it wasn’t for all the fatshion blogs out there, I probably would have suffered through camping sporting shorts and a singlet, maybe a Pareu (sarong), but it was these blog posts from Gabifresh that inspired me to go with it - Fatkini 2012 and Every body is a bikini body Check them out. HOT! HOT! HOT! 

So back to this week’s Aussie Curves Photo Challenge, I have opted to go with a Tankini, that is not flattering at all really, it doesn't give me any shape, but I had a wonderful day today at the beach with my family, I enjoyed taking the photos, I really let it all hang out, I mustered up the courage to rock my Tankini as it was, no Sheer Coverall, no board shorts, just me and my Tankini. 












The beach was gorgeous and I had a blast walking about and swimming in my Tankini.

Tankini - K mart





This is how I chose to end my day in this outfit. 

Sheer Coverall - Yourself
Jandals - Havianas 
Glasses - Portmans


 


5 comments:

  1. You really have fabulous legs! looks like it was a great day!
    Also, Pareu? you must be from the Cooks? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, that is something I will have to get use to seeing or hearing, for a long time I hid my legs away. As for the word 'Pareu' we got that from a Cook Island Aunty who married into the family, she has been apart of our family longer then I've been around, so has the word 'Pareu' now hehe : )

      Delete
  2. ...and why should you cover yourself up with boardies and a coverall. Rock that tankini proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I found your blog, very inspirational thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute, I like the color of your swimwear, thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete